Now that I’m in the business of seriously promoting my fiction, I’m more or less following (where it’s relevant) a list I found online that offers ways to promote a book. Ok, ok, that’s vague. Here’s a link to “50 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Promote your Book.”
One of the items on the “50 Surprisingly Simple Ways” seemed like it could be a possibility that readers might enjoy and that was “Guest blog wherever you can.” So, would any of you like a Martha Kennedy guest blog on your site? Or a joint posting with us both contributing? Or an exchange?
I can write about writing, self-publishing, designing a book, building a social media platform for your self-published book, setting up an Amazon author page. I can also write about non-writing related topics such as dogs, hiking, poetry, the effects of addiction on families, teaching, retiring, life in a small Colorado town. I think Lamont and Dude might even be persuaded to come on board as guest speakers on the topic of reincarnation.
If you think it could be fun, let me know. Though I am not completely sure how it works, I imagine we’d correspond via email and I’d send you the text for you to look at and see if you like it, then you would post it on your blog with a photo of me and a link to my blog. Anyone who’s had this experience, I’m definitely grateful for advice.
So far, since I became a serious book marketing professional (meaning I get up every morning and go to work) I’ve:
- Made a book trailer for The Brothers Path. Not the most sophisticated in the world, but it’ll serve for now.
- Set up giveaways on Goodreads for the Bros Path (8/1 – 10/1) https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/195164-the-brothers-path
- Set up a giveaway on Goodreads for Savior (8/10 – 9/10) https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/197467-savior
- Made a website for my novels marthakennedy.co
- Amazon authors page
- Books up on all platforms that make sense to me. (NOOK, Kindle, Createspace, iBooks).
- Lined up professional reviews for Savior
- Lined up a virtual book tour for the Bros Path
- New edition of Savior
- New edition of Martin of Gfenn for cosmetic purposes and to have it on the Createspace platform instead of Lulu
- Advertising campaign on Goodreads for Bros Path
- Sent presentation proposal to Hist Novel Society for 2017 conference in Portland
- Have been “tweeting”
Sent the Bros Path to the Historical Novel Society Indie Review hoping to get a review and more
I think I might have done other things, too, but at the moment I made this list of “accomplishments” or “so far” this was all I could think of.